LED TECHNICIAN JOB VACANCY
London Audio Visual Ltd is expanding! We are a leading Audio Visual Rental supplier to major Event & Production Companies, Event Planners and a host of exclusive venues throughout London and the UK. Due to the planned expansion of our Video department and the growing demand for LED and visual products, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced LED technician to join our dynamic team.
You’ll find our team is friendly and effective – a strong, hardworking group where everyone is valued and most importantly where we all enjoy what we do! The successful candidate will have the support and space to build a secure career within our growing Company.
- To rig, set-up, operate and de-rig a wide range of specialist audio, video & LED screens and LED processors associated products along with other related AV products
- To have knowledge of LED and Novastar processing, knowledge of projection, video switchers, scalers and distribution
- Will show excellent knowledge of working with Media Server software such as, Resolume, Millumin, Qlab
- Manage and lead a team of AV/ event technicians , crew and sub-contractors during in-house preparation, build -up, use and de-rig of events, thus ensuring an efficient and safe event that is delivered on time and within budgeted hours
- To undertake and oversee the pre-production and preparation of equipment for an event
- To provide technical solution design, assisting the sales team with support, specifications and costings for client’s events
- Where required represent the Company on site meetings and liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers
- Assist with daily liaison between company departments, sales, operations teams and warehouse regarding crewing and AV equipment requirements
- To provide on-site technical support where required
- Delivering and collecting equipment from various venue sites and suppliers
- Assist with the project management of an event in line with any detailed brief supplied by the sales team
- Ensure that all audio visual services are delivered to clients in a professional and efficient manner
- Liaising with clients on finer details such as equipment placement , control areas etc
- Assist and advise clients on the operation of certain equipment supplied without an on-site technician
- Assist in maintaining quality control i.e. – monitoring condition of equipment, reporting any faults etc
- Assist with any training of technical staff on the use and operation of new equipment & technologies
- To operate in compliance with the Companies Health & Safety policy and procedures at all times
- To assist the sales team with site visits and pre-inspect the space to confirm the solution that London Audio Visual will provide
As this is a skilled position within our technical team we are looking for someone with a solid background within the AV and Events industry.
The successful candidate will be someone who:-
- is presentable, polite, well-mannered and well groomed. You must have good communication and client-facing skills as you will be operating in a corporate environment. And as mentioned in the role, will be conducting site visits and meeting clients face to face to determine the perfect AV solution for their requirements.
- understands the flexible nature of the events industry and who is used to working unsociable hours and working under pressure to strict timelines
- is fluent in English – both spoken and written
- has at least 3 years experience as a LED technician
- has a full, clean UK drivers licence and comfortable to drive company vans around London and the UK
- is a team player who is able to operate calmly under pressure. We are looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about a long-term career with London Audio Visual
You will have experience in the following technologies:-
- Vision mixers / switchers – Roland, Analogway, Barco etc
- Video Wall processors – eg Novastar, Datapath X4 / FX4, etc
- Video Displays – Large Format Displays ( LFD’s), Projectors ( Panasonic, Christie, Barco etc) LCD Video walls, LED Video walls ( Absen, Unilumen, DigiLED, etc)
- Video Signals and distribution – HD-SDI, HDMI over Cat5, Scan converters, EDID, etc
- Software: Powerpoint , Keynote , Qlab, Playback Pro, etc
- Audio ;- PA systems , Wireless mics, Digital & analog audio mixers
- Lighting – basic knowledge of DMX and lighting control
Experience in any of the following would also be beneficial:-
- Software:- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop etc)
- Video Cameras – Sony, Panasonic etc
- Some experience in rigging and power distribution
This is a permanent position which we are looking to fill as soon as possible. We offer a competitive salary package based on experience.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, are self-motivated and have a passion for the events industry then please get in touch.
Job Type – Permanent ( 3 month probation period)
Job Location – Central London SE17
Salary – negotiable based on skill-set and experience
Required experience – at least 3 years operating as a LED technician
Must have UK drivers licence
Send CVs to email@example.com