Audio Visual Technician Job
THE ROLE ;
- To prepare and set-up a wide range of Audio Visual, sound ,staging , video and lighting equipment and where required to operate said equipment during specific events
- To provide on-site technical support where required
- Delivering and collecting equipment from various venue sites and suppliers
- Assist with the project management of an event in line with any detailed brief supplied by the sales team.
- Ensure that all audio visual services are delivered to clients in a professional and efficient manner. Liaising with clients on finer details such as equipment placement , control areas , lighting angles etc.
- Assist and advise clients on the operation of certain equipment supplied without an on-site technician.
- Assist in maintaining quality control ie – monitoring condition of equipment ,reporting any faults etc
Basic Qualities/ Skills / Attributes
We are looking for someone who –
-is presentable , polite. well-mannered and well groomed. You must have good communication and client-facing skills as you will be operating in a corporate environment.
-Understands the flexible nature of the events industry and who is used to working unsociable hours.
-is fluent in English – both spoken and written !!
-has a full, clean UK drivers licence with a good knowledge of London and the transport system.
-is a team player who is able to operate calmly under pressure. We are looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about a long-term career in the AV Industry
-is PC literate with an excellent understanding of Powerpoint and who has experience with both Mac and Windows operation systems.
-has a good understanding of sound reinforcement equipment including Digital and Analogue mixing consoles , wireless microphones , conference PA set-ups, speaker systems , audio processors and recording.
-has experience in corporate staging , sets and flats , stage backdrops , up-
lighting and stage lighting.
-has a thorough understanding of projectors, switchers and scalers plus AV distribution via SDI and CAT5. Knowledge of various display screens and monitors / video walls is essential.
– Is familiar with stage lighting, dimmers , lighting controllers and desks, DMX and all types of LED lighting.
-has some basic experience in camera operation for conference style events. Knowledge of video editing would be useful.
This is a permanent position which we are looking to fill as soon as possible. We offer a competitive salary package based on experience. If you feel you have the right skills and experience , are self-motivated and have a passion for the events industry then please get in touch.
Job Type – Permanent ( 3 month probation period)
Job Location – Central London SE17
Salary – negotiable based on skill-set and experience
Required experience – at least 2 years operating as an AV technician. Must have UK drivers licence.
0207 701 9444
Strictly no agencies